Article provided by: Choice Medical Center
Pediatric orthopedics is a subspecialty of orthopedic surgery and traumatology that is responsible for treating injuries and musculoskeletal disorders of children and adolescents. Conditions such as hip dysplasia, flat feet, or growth variants, are some of the most common problems that occur in children.
Early diagnosis is the key to the correct treatment of these problems. However, the symptoms of these pathologies usually appear late. In those cases, sometimes despite the treatment, surgery is necessary. If your child needs orthopedic surgeons in Naples, our team of experts at Choice Medical Center are ready to evaluate the case.
Is it growth or is there’s a problem?
In the case of children, one of the things that you must take in mind is the growth variants. When the little ones walk with their feet inwards, they have their feet arched, their knees together, their legs are crooked, or they feel bad, do not panic. Generally, all these cases are due to the normal evolution of growth.
In no case, parents should correct their children. Just observe and keep in permanent consultation with the specialist. Most of these alterations correct in time and according to age, without resorting to splints, therapies or exercises.
It is imperative to provide the care that children require about health in general and in this case to orthopedic issues. If you attend orthopedic problems on time, they become manageable and will not need surgery. However, if you notice something genuinely irregular, go to the specialist immediately. It is essential that you know the main orthopedic child diseases:
- Congenital muscular torticollis: Deformity of the neck that appears in newborns or during the first two months of life due to a shortening of the sternocleidomastoid muscle.
- Idiopathic scoliosis: Scoliosis causes an abnormal curvature of the spine, usually in the form of “C” or “S.”
- Spondylolisthesis: It is the most common cause of back pain in children between 10 and 15 years old, it consists of a displacement of the vertebra.
- Knees rods: If we observe the child standing with their legs together and their ankles are touching, and knees are separated we are facing a case of knees rods if, on the contrary, the knees are touching, and the legs are arched are knees valgus.
- Perthes syndrome: The hip Perthes is a type of necrosis that affects male children between four and ten years of age.
- Meyer dysplasia: It consists of an irregular ossification in the femoral head that does not present discomfort and is usually diagnosed by chance.
Trust the health of your beloved ones to the experts
At Choice Medical Center, you will find the best specialists to care for your children's orthopedic health. Our specialists are ready to answer any questions or queries you have regarding behaviors that you observe in the growth and development of your children.
If they are already in treatment, but probably require surgery, and you are looking for orthopedic surgeons in Naples, at Choice Medical Center you will find the best. Do not hesitate and contact us, or visit us at 2171 Pine Ridge Road Ste E. We are waiting for you.orthopedic surgeons in Naples
View Larger Map